Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I am exceptionally bad at blogging.

If I thought I had any readers, I would apologize for my lack of posts in the last... uh... 8 months. As it is I'm mostly disappointed that I couldn't get enough momentum going to keep updating throughout the year.

However, a new TV season beckons and I have the urge to blag again. There's not a lot of new shows this year due to the writers strike, but it's good to see my favorites back (most of them, at least... RIP Journeyman & Jericho), and a few of the new shows have promise. True Blood on HBO, after 1 episode at least, seems like an interesting take on the modern vampire.

I'm most excited by Fringe, though. I'm currently watching episode 2, and if anything, it surpasses the promise of the excellent pilot. A little horror, a little sci-fi, a little conspiracy, some fascinating characters... I like it. I'm also digging the short commercial breaks but I'm hoping I don't get too used to it because figure it can't last forever.

The other thing that has me excited for this TV season is some new TV equipment:

Samsung 46" Series 5 LCD: $1800
Refurbished TivoHD: $180
1 HDMI cable from an online vendor: $5
Watching an entire room of nurses recoil in horror at the thing they just pulled from a woman's womb in glorious HD: Priceless

If you have the means, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm jealous of your TV set-up. Just last night when watching Heroes, Paul was commenting on how much better it would look in HD. Ah well.

Glad to see you back blogging! Here's to a good tv season.

Nathan said...

Please tell me you've had some sort of DVR before now. It changes your life.

And not to rub it in (I have to some who might read this) but I switched to AT&T's U-Verse cable and it is beyond awesome. I have a DVR that can record 4 things at once and can watch them from any TV in my house. There are 17 other reasons why it's better than any other cable provider that I won't go in to but it is still cheaper than my traditional provider. I'm not sure where you are living currently but AT&T's services have been slowly expanding throughout metro detroit. We no longer have only one option for cable.