Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Black Lotus

There's an awesome bar just down the street from my house called The Black Lotus. It's a microbrewery that has some awesome beer and a great atmosphere. They even make their own wine, and also have an extensive coffee and tea menu if you're not looking for alcohol. It's pretty much my favorite bar right now and I even go there by myself for a few drinks and dinner occasionally. It's at the corner of Livernois and 14 Mile Road in Clawson, so if you're ever in the area, I highly recommend it. The food selection is uninspired but they do have free popcorn and they let you order food from the Green Lantern, whose food is good enough it deserves its own post one day.

But that's not what this post is really about.

What this post is about is this: What is the deal with guys who don't like sports and them bragging about it? I overheard a guy trying to pick up a woman at the bar this evening, and part of his spiel was that he doesn't know anything about sports an instead he's dedicated that portion of his brain to learning about women and how to please them. I mean... really? That's your "go-to" pickup line? "I don't like sports so that makes me better at satisfying my lady friends?" I'm not exactly Mr. Pickup Artist myself, but that just strikes me as a pretty poor effort.

No comments: