Sunday, November 25, 2007

Credit where credit is due

I've been meaning to start a blog for over 3 weeks now. The only problem is that I had no idea what to name it. I'm horrible at names. After weeks of agonizing over it, listening to my favorite music, thinking back to my favorite books, and generally having a horrible time of it, I picked up a Metro Times yesterday to read while I ate dinner and got inspiration from my horoscope.

Yes, that's right; I was inspired by the astrology section of Detroit's Weekly Alternative. I'm not sure whether I should be embarrassed or proud. Time will tell, I guess.

Time will also tell how good an idea this blog thing is. I think it'll work out just fine because I'm just self absorbed enough to believe that people will read or care about what I write here. Then again, I'm self-conscious enough to stop writing when I think that nobody actually is reading or caring what I right.

For the sake of posterity, here is my horoscope (I'm a Scorpio):
A while back I asked my readers, "What conditions would you need in your world in order to feel you were living in paradise?" I'll report to you how one Scorpio responded, since it's very apropos to your immediate future. "My utopia," wrote Sandra Boyd of Vancouver, "would require me to be desired, loved, and satiated amidst messy order and cockeyed perfection." I urge you to create that exact set of conditions, Scorpio. Get out there and cultivate the funny logic, wild discipline, and chaotic organization that will help ensure you'll be fiercely adored.
Much like Sandra Boyd of Vancouver (who must take astrology a lot more seriously than I do, to be writing letters to the astrologist) I am seeking a sort of cockeyed perfection. Everyone has a perfect life in mind for themselves, but I think mine is a little bit "off" compared to everyone else's. Which is really just a way for me to say that I consider myself to be very strange.

No comments: